Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Conversations with the Madness Twins

Riding in the car, with my 2 year old (I) and 3 year old (R), trying to understand why my three year old has been having 'accidents' after many months of successful potty-going:

ME: How does it feel before you pee your pants?
R: when i pee my pants it feels wet
ME: no i mean, before you pee. does it surprise you or do you feel it coming?
R: my penis doesn't feel it coming
I: what I have?
ME: you have a vagina
I: my vagina not feel pee
ME: so, ronald, the pee surprises you?
R: yes
I: what does ronald have?
ME: ronald has a penis. Ronald, does it hurt when you pee?
I: what does aunt jackie have?
ME: aunt jackie has a vagina
R: no it doesn't hurt
ME: do you know why you don't make it to the potty?
I: what does daddy have?
ME: daddy has a penis
R: I don't make it to the potty because I forget the pee is coming
I: what do you have?
ME: I have a vagina
I: what does mamma have?
ME: mamma has a vagina. Ron, you'll try to make it to the potty next time?
I: what Ms. Crystal have?
ME: Ms. Crystal has a vagina
R: okay i'll make it to the potty
I: what mikey have?
ME: Mikey has a penis. Good, ron. You can be responsible and have no more accidents. I know you can do it.
I: What Ms. Margee have?
ME: Ms. Margee has a vagina....

No comments:

Post a Comment